Learning How To Cook
This Asparagus and Parmesan Tart is Perfect for the holidays!
Updated: Nov 9, 2021
It's also perfect any other time of year, if you’re wondering!
Notes from the LHTC Team:
Using frozen puff pastry from the grocery store is THE way to get great pastries with very little effort. In this recipe we layered dijon mustard, parmesan & mozzarella cheeses and blanched asparagus on top of puff pastry dough and baked for 15 minutes to get a shatteringly flaky, cheesy Spring tart perfect for any get together.
Asparagus & Parmesan Tart
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 pound Asparagus, trimmed
1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1. Blanch the asparagus: fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook 2-5 minutes until bright green and crisp-tender. Drain and transfer the asparagus to the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
2. Assemble the tart: Preheat the oven to 400F. Roll out the puff pastry sheet to a 10 by 16-inch rectangle on a silpat mat or large piece of parchment. Transfer the silpat/parchment with rolled puff pastry to a sheet pan.
3. Spread dijon mustard in an even layer on the puff pastry, leaving a one-inch border around the sides.
4. Toss together the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and sprinkle evenly over the layer of the dijon mixture. Lay the asparagus side-by-side across the cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and
bake 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden brown and cheese is puffy.
5. Remove from oven and serve immediately.