How to Preserve a Pumpkin Through Fall
Get the lowdown on how to keep your pumpkins fresher, for longer.
If you're anything like me, I immediately purchase all the cute pumpkins and mini gourds my grocery cart can handle as soon as October hits. In order to keep those punkins' looking stylish all season long, try this quick hack to keep them preserved.
1/3 cup Bleach
A Sink or Wash Tub
Toothbrush or Scrubber
1. Fill your sink or washing tub with water and bleach.
2. Put in the pumpkins and use an old toothbrush to clean off the dirt and cuts.
3. Let the pumpkins soak for about 15 minutes after being cleaned.
4. Remove onto a towel and let hem air dry. Rub petroleum jelly on any cuts. Done!
- If the pumpkin is carved, let soak for 4-6 hours
- Buff the entire pumpkin in jelly or sealing spray if you want them shiny
- Make sure pumpkins are dried completely before putting outside