Learning How To Cook
Garlic and Mozzarella Flatbread
With the quickest and tastiest of shortcuts, this flatbread can be made any night of the week - whether it's for company or just yourself.
The key to this super quick flatbread is using pre-made naan from your favorite bakery or supermarket. Then it all comes down layering olive oil, cheese and broiling for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melty and bubbly and a little golden brown in places. Sprinkle with basil, lemon juice, and classic pizzeria pepper flakes and you've got a meal in 20 minutes flat.
It's easy to get creative with a little crispy bacon, red onion, banana peppers or sausage for something new. After it's baked, mix it up with different herbs like fresh thyme or chives.
GARLIC & MOZZARELLA FLATBREAD
Servings: 4 | Prep Time: 20 Minutes
4 Flatbreads, such as Naan
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
6 cloves Garlic, minced, divided
2 teaspoons Chile Flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 Lemon, zested and juiced
Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella
1 bunch Basil, sliced
Lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450F (or use broiler).
2. In a small saucepan, mix together the olive oil, 4 cloves garlic and chile flakes and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 3-4 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, the remaining 2 cloves garlic, lemon juice and zest. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. On each flatbread, drizzle 1 tablespoon of the olive oil mixture. Spread 1/4 cup of the mascarpone mixture and top with 2 ounces fresh mozzarella. Bake 7-10 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling.
5. Drizzle with extra olive oil and top with sliced basil and more chile flakes. Serve with lemon wedges.