Pillow-Soft Dinner Rolls
Updated: Aug 4
Nothing beats warm, fresh bread! Impress your friends and family with these delicious, soft homemade dinner rolls. Once you make them homemade you won’t want to go back to store-bought again!
Prep Time: 3 Hours
1 1/4 cups Warm Water (110-115° F / 43-46° C)
1 packet (1/4 oz) Rapid-Rise Yeast
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/4 cup Vegetable or Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Salt
3 1/2 - 4 cups Bread Flour
Melted butter for brushing, optional
1. In a small bowl, gently mix warm water, yeast and sugar. Allow to sit
at room temperature for about 10 minutes until the mixture begins to
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, oil and yeast mixture. Mix on low
until a loose ball forms, adding more flour by the tablespoon if the
mixture is too wet. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 7-10
minutes, until dough is smooth, elastic and passes the window pane
test (dough can stretch without tearing).
3. Place the dough in a lightly-oiled bowl and cover with oiled plastic
wrap (or a shower cap!). Leave in a warm place in your home (maybe near a stove or
sunny window) to rise until doubled in size - about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
5. Punch down the dough to deflate. Then divide dough into 9 equal portions and roll into smooth
rounds; place side by side in prepared pan.
6. Cover and let rise a second time - about 30-45 minutes.
7. Remove cover and bake rolls for about 15-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter while warm, if desired. Enjoy!