Creamy Baked Gnocchi with Bacon, Spring Peas and Parmesan
If you're looking for an easy weeknight meal to impress the fam, this is it!
Notes from the LHTC Team:
We used pre-made gnocchi from the pasta aisle to make this easy casserole. Make a quick cheese sauce and then toss gnocchi, peas and bacon together, top with more cheese and bake until gorgeous and bubbly on top.
Creamy Gnocchi with Bacon, Spring Peas & Parmesan
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 30 Minutes
32 ounces Packaged Gnocchi
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Butter
2 tablespoon Flour
3/4 cup Milk
3/4 cup Cream
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
4 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups Frozen Peas, thawed
1/4 cup Chives, chopped
1. Cook the gnocchi: Preheat the oven to 350F. Cook the packaged gnocchi according to package directions (this often means pouring the gnocchi into boiling water and cooking until they float to the surface, drain and set aside).
2. Make the sauce: In a medium saucepan, cook the butter and garlic together over medium heat until garlic just begins to brown. Whisk in the flour and cook until thickened and flour begins to turn golden.
3. Gradually pour in the milk and cream and whisk until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Remove from heat.
4. Toss together the mozzarella and parmesan. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese mixture to the garlic cream sauce and stir until melted and smooth. Add the cooked gnocchi and stir to coat. Stir in the crumbled bacon and thawed peas.
4. Assemble the casserole: Grease an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish. Add gnocchi mixture to the dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
5. Sprinkle top with chives and serve.