How To Make Boozy Holiday Eggnog with Step-by-Step Video
Updated: Dec 7, 2021
Bring back all the cozy warm feelings of Christmas time and holiday fun with this creamy homemade eggnog.
Homemade eggnog is a complete game changer compared to the grocery carton egg nog. This eggnog recipe is rated to be one of the best out there and is guaranteed to be a hit at your next holiday party! You'll be surprised at just how easy it is to make, you'll never shop the carton again! Follow the step-by-step video below to make the very best creamy eggnog you've ever had.
Boozy Holiday Eggnog
Prep Time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS 12 egg yolks and egg whites, separated
3/4 cups white sugar
1 cup rye whiskey
1/2 cup Jamaican rum
2 cups whole milk
1. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat egg yolks with sugar to fully combine.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until the edges begin to froth. Add 2/3 of the egg whites to the yolk/sugar mixture. Stir to combine.
3. Slowly pour in the rye and rum into the egg/sugar mixture - stirring as you pour.
4. Pour in milk and stir to combine.
5. Stir in remaining 1/3 egg whites. Generously grind whole nutmeg over entire mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container until serving.